To collaborate and work together on areas of mutual benefit in order to strengthen and enhance our individual YMCAs and the collective strength of NJ YMCA’s to better serve the people of New Jersey.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Who We Are
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Youth Development – Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
Nine million youth are taking a greater interest in learning; making smarter life choices; and cultivating the values, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, the pursuit of higher education and goal achievement.
- Healthy Living – Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
Millions of adults and youth receive the support, guidance, and resources needed to achieve better health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility – Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Across the country, the Y helps people give back and assist their neighbors by offering them opportunities to volunteer, advocate and support programs that strengthen the community.
The Y’s Impact
- More than 2,600 locations in 10,000 communities across the country.
- 21 million people (12 million adults and 9 million youth) of all ages, incomes, backgrounds, and abilities come to the Y to learn, grow and thrive.
- 500,000 volunteers – kids, parents, individuals, and business and community leaders –are personally vested in strengthening their communities.
- 20,000 full-time staff
- 64 million households and 32 million children ages 14 and under live within three miles of a YMCA, while 1,518 YMCAs serve communities where the median family income is below the U.S. average