Here at Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care we believe patients who want companionship at the end of life should not be alone during their final hours. We serve many terminally-ill patients in our community who do not have family or friends nearby. Our staff provide regular visits as their patients’ needs dictate, but often these patients would benefit from the additional comfort of a Vigil Volunteer’s supportive presence as they experience life’s last moments.
What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care.
- Veterans are part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience.
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
To learn more, please call us or visit our website at www.seasons.org/volunteer