- Proactively support volunteer recruitment, engagement, retention, and recognition to build health professional capacity across all business lines in the assigned area in support of organizational and regional priorities.
- Engage with health care community regarding Red Cross volunteer opportunities
- Assist units in volunteer recruitment to reflect community
- Work collaboratively to achieve the Chief Nurse
- Regularly communicate nursing and health-related successes (e.g., awards, media coverage, projects) to Regional Nurse Leaders and/or send to
- Help ensure that health professionals enter their license information in Volunteer Connection and submit all volunteer
Approximately 4-8 hours per week (more NNES can be recruited to ensure manageable workloads).
- Current, unencumbered, active license as health professional (e.g. RN, LPN/LVN, EMT) or health related degree/expertise.
- Enthusiasm about Red Cross mission and programs
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Willingness to become familiar with all Red Cross business lines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, work well on teams
- Understand the value of health professional volunteers in meeting the Red Cross mission
- Access to and ability to use telephonic and computer technology, basic
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- On-the-job training from supervisor, as needed
- Familiarization with the Exchange and Volunteer Connection
- Training on the Volunteer Engagement Cycle