Join us for a fun and worthwhile event! The Walk is a fun day for the community including the general public, people in recovery from mental health and/or substance use disorders and their family members, providers, professionals and organizations. Community resources and educational information will be shared. We also fight the stigma associated with behavioral health issues that can often prevent people from seeking treatment.
The Mental Health Association in New Jersey is a statewide non-profit organization that strives for children and adults to achieve victory over mental health and substance use disorders through advocacy, education, training and services.
Looking for a nurse volunteer to put together a "Wellness Table" which could consist of activities like:
- blood pressure screenings
- resources for healthy eating / exercise / sun protection / etc
- educational pamphlets for wellness
- any creative presentations to educate the community to take action towards wellness.
Registration and Activities Begin: 8:30 a.m. (So the volunteer will need to arrive earlier to set up their table)
Opening Ceremony: 9:30 a.m.
5K Walk Begins: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00pm
Location: Nomahegan Park, Cranford, NJ
- Complimentary Refreshments
- Warm-up Exercises
- Children's Activities
- Games and Prizes
- Exciting Fundraising Incentives
- Community Resources and "Information Alley"