Who We Are:
Central Jersey Family Health Consortium, Inc. (CJFHC), was originally organized through funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in 1988. Established in 1992, CJFHC is a leading private non–profit 501(C)3 organization licensed by the NJ Department of Health and part of a regionalized maternal and child health (MCH) system.
Our mission is to improve the health of women of childbearing age, infants, and children in the region through the collaborative efforts of member hospitals, providers, and consumers.
- Early childhood developmental health and promotion
- Goal: Increase developmental skills in 3 year olds by 25% in 5 years (we’re just starting the 3rd year)
- Service area: Middlesex county
- Passaic, Essex, Camden, and Cumberland counties are also a part of this program.Please put county of interest in application notes.
- Children 0-3 years old (we still work with children up to 5 years old)
- Developmental health promotion and education
- Creating an early childhood system
- Collaborating with pediatricians, child care centers, and community organizations that work with families and young children (Family Success Centers, Libraries, etc.)